Your IP: 188.8.131.52 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
Make an exception for OysterVPN in Kaspersky antivirus settings
Making an exception for OysterVPN will help you avoid any potential conflicts or interruptions between the two applications. To avoid conflicts, you’ll need the Kaspersky antivirus application along with an active OysterVPN Subscription.
Various antivirus applications may interfere with VPN background operations and cause the connection to be blocked. So, if you want to know how to add an OysterVPN exception to the Kaspersky antivirus application, follow this below guide.
- Download and install the Kaspersky antivirus app on your device.
- Open the Kaspersky App.
- Click the Menu button at the bottom-left corner of the interface.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Additional Tab.
- Then click on Threats and Exclusions to open it.
- Select Manage Exclusions.
- A new window will pop up with all of the existing exclusions.
- Select “Add” from the drop-down menu.
- In the next box, click Browse.
- Find the OysterVPN’s default location by clicking to this PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > OysterVPN.
- Click the black arrow on the left side to open the Program Files (x86) folder, then scroll down until you find the OysterVPN folder.
- Select the OysterVPN folder by clicking on it.
- Exit the program after clicking the Add button.
- Restart your device to finish the process.
- Once the process is finished, you can make an exception for OysterVPN in Kaspersky antivirus settings.
If the troubleshooting tips fail, take a screenshot and give your concerns to our customer support team via live chat or email to resolve your problem sooner!