Your IP: 188.8.131.52 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
How to set up OysterVPN on Synology NAS
Synology NAS is a multi-functional Network-Attached Storage server that acts as a file-sharing hub. However, by encrypting your Internet connection, OysterVPN allows you to access geo-restricted content no matter wherever you are. This guide will show you the process of setting up OysterVPN on Synology NAS via OpenVPN. Here’s how you can do it.
Download OpenVPN configuration files
- Go to your OysterVPN account and sign in. Haven’t subscribed yet? Click here to sign up!
- Select “My Devices” and then click on “Other.”
- Select “Configure a new device” from the drop-down menu.
- Now create server configuration by doing the following:
- Protocol: Select OpenVPN UDP/ TCP as the protocol from OysterVPN server list.
- Country: Here you will have to select the country you want to acquire a server from! Visit OysterVPN server list and select server from desired location.
- Group of Servers: Choose a server group from the drop-down menu.
- When you’ve decided on the parameters you want, click on Save Configuration.
- Now press « View Configuration » to see the OpenVPN credentials produced for you on the configuration dashboard.
- Save the configuration file once you’ve finished. Go to « Download Configuration » and save the config file to your computer (it would be better if you make a separate folder for the config, such as your Desktop, and extract/copy the contents of the.zip file there).
Turn off IPv6
To prevent IPv6 traffic from leaking out of the VPN tunnel, OysterVPN strongly recommends that you disable IPv6 before setting up OysterVPN on your Synology.
- Open the Control Panel and then click on Network on your DSM panel.
- Expand the LAN menu by clicking the Network Interface tab.
- Select Edit.
- Choose the IPv6 tab.
- Select “Off” in the IPv6 configuration.
- Click OK after that.
Set up OysterVPN on Synology NAS
After you’ve completed the above instructions, reboot your Synology. Then follow the below instructions to set up OysterVPN on Synology NAS:
- Here are the. ovpn VPN server config files for OysterVPN. Save these files somewhere; you’ll be able to access them later.
- Open Control Panel.
- Then select Network.
- Go to Network Interface.
- Now create a VPN Profile.
- Click Next after selecting “OpenVPN (by importing a.ovpn file)”.
- Go to the “General Settings” section.
- Now fill in the following information:
- Profile name: OysterVPN (or any name that you remember as your connection)
- User name: Your OysterVPN Username
- Password: Your OysterVPN Password
- Import .ovpn file: Select “Browse” and navigate to the.ovpn files.
- Select the server location file you wish to use (TCP or UDP, whichever protocol you want to connect to).
- Click Next.
- Now check the boxes next to “Use default gateway on remote network” and “Reconnect when the VPN connection is lost” in the “Advanced Settings” section. The second option, “Allow other network devices…”, is an optional checkbox that you can select or leave unchecked.
- Once done, click on Apply.
- On the “Network Interface” page, you can see that your VPN profile has been created.
- Connect it by clicking on it.
- Now the status of your VPN profile will be changed, and you’ll be connected to VPN.