Your IP: 126.96.36.199 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
How to set up OysterVPN on Linksys Router
If you connect to the internet using a Linksys router, follow this guide to set up OysterVPN on your Linksys router. To connect to our remote servers, you can use OsyterVPN with a Linksys router and the PPTP protocol. This tutorial on setting up OysterVPN using a PPTP connection on your Linksys Router.
You’ll need Linksys Router and an active OysterVPN subscription to get started with the setup process. If you don’t already have a subscription, click here to subscribe.
- To access your router’s Web Configuration Panel, open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address box. It will prompt you for the Username and Password for your router.
- Log in with that information. The username and password for the router should be admin and admin, respectively, or username blank and password admin. Otherwise, consult the router’s ‘User Manual’ for this information.
- Then go to Setup and select Basic Setup.
- Select “PPTP” from the “Internet Connection Type” dropdown menu.
- Select “Obtain an IP Address Automatically” from the dropdown menu.
- Now enter the PPTP “Server IP address” of OysterVPN.
- Enter your “Username” and “Password” for OysterVPN.
- Then enter “Static DNS 1” and “Static DNS 2.” We recommend using Google DNS in these fields, i.e., 8.8.8 and 188.8.131.52, respectively.
- Then click on “Save Setting” from the dropdown menu to apply changes.
- That’s it! You’ve completed the installation and configuration of OysterVPN on your Linksys Router using PPTP protocol.