Your IP: 220.127.116.11 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
How to set up OysterVPN on a Netgear Router using OpenVPN?
Netgear routers do not function as OpenVPN clients; thus, customers cannot set up VPNs directly. However, you can use these additional procedures to set up a VPN on your Netgear router. Either you can update your router’s firmware to DD-WRT or Tomato or use DD-WRT or Tomato-flashed router to set up VPN.
However, you’ll need Netgear Router and an active OysterVPN subscription to start the setup process. If you don’t already have a subscription, click here to subscribe.
Flash your router to DD-WRT or Tomato firmware
- Any of these firmware, DD-WRT or Tomato, can be flashed onto your router.
- First, see if DD-WRT or Tomato supports the model of your Netgear router.
- Click here to see if DD-WRT firmware is compatible with your router.
- If your router is supported, the “Install Guide” will appear next to its name.
- Cross check whether the Tomato firmware is compatible with your router.
- If your router is displayed, click on its name to see the flashing guide.
- Proceed to Step 2 after flashing your router to DD-WRT or Tomato.
- If none of these firmware work with your network, we recommend getting a VPN-enabled Wi-Fi router.
Setup OysterVPN on your DD-WRT or Tomato flashed router.
- Click here to set up a VPN on a DD-WRT router.
- Set up a VPN on a router flashed with Tomato.
- Please get in touch with our support team via live chat or email with screenshots of your router’s configuration page if you have any problems.