Your IP: 22.214.171.124 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
How to sideload apps on a Firestick?
The process of moving files between two local devices, specifically a computer and a mobile device, is known as sideloading. So, if you want to install an application that isn’t available on the Amazon Store because of geographical restrictions, or you need an earlier version of a specific app.
Here’s how you can sideload apps on a Firestick:
- Scroll down to Settings on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s home screen.
- Next, select My Fire TV from the right-hand menu. On older models, it may be labeled as Device or System.
- Then pick Developer settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, switch the option on by selecting Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Finally, on the popup message that comes, choose Turn On.
- Now install the Downloader application.
- Use your remote to browse the Search icon in the menu bar on the Firestick home screen.
- Enter Downloader in the search box.
- Downloader app suggestions will appear.
- Select and install the one shown in the image below.
- Click Open after the installation is finished.
- When you first open this application, you’ll see a line to type in a URL address.
- You’ll need to type in the file URL you want to download here.
- In the URL area, type the URL address that goes straight to the download.
- (Add download link here for OysterVPN)
- Then press the Go button. Wait for Firestick to finish downloading the file.
- A prompt will appear to install the downloaded file.
- Now hit the install button, and Return to the Home screen once the installation is complete.
- Then, in your apps list, look for the See All icon and click.
- You’ll find your application at the bottom of this list.
Once done, you have sideloaded OysterVPN on your FireStick.