Your IP: 18.104.22.168 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
Make an exception for OysterVPN in Avast antivirus settings
Making an exception for OysterVPN will help you avoid any potential conflicts or interruptions between the two applications. To avoid conflicts, you’ll need the Avast antivirus application along with an active OysterVPN Subscription.
Various antivirus applications may interfere with VPN background operations and cause the connection to be blocked. So, if you want to know how to add an OysterVPN exception to your Avast antivirus application, follow this below guide.
- Download and install the Avast app on your device.
- Open the Avast App.
- Click the Menu button in the top-right area of the Avast app to launch it.
- Navigate to the Exceptions tab
- Add an exception by clicking the Add button.
- To find the OysterVPN folder, use the Browse option.
- Go to the OysterVPN folder and open it.
- Find the OysterVPN’s default location by clicking to this PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > OysterVPN.
- Locate and inspect the OysterVPN folder in the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Click OK Avast scans no longer include the OysterVPN program.
- Restart your device to finish the process.
- Once the process is finished, you can make an exception for OysterVPN in Avast antivirus settings.
In case the troubleshooting tips fail, simply take a screenshot and give your concerns to our customer support team via live chat or email to have your problem resolved sooner!