Your IP: 18.104.22.168 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
Make an exception for OysterVPN in AVG antivirus settings
Making an exception for OysterVPN will help you avoid any potential conflicts or interruptions between the two applications. To avoid conflicts, you’ll need the AVG antivirus application along with an active OysterVPN Subscription.
Various antivirus applications may interfere with VPN background operations and cause the connection to be blocked. So, if you want to know how to add an OysterVPN exception to the AVG antivirus application, follow this below guide.
- Download and install the AVG antivirus app on your device.
- Open the AVG App.
- Click the Menu button on the top-right area.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Exceptions from the General Settings menu.
- Add an exception by clicking the Add button.
- To find the OysterVPN Folder, use the Browse option.
- Find the OysterVPN’s default location by clicking to this PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > OysterVPN.
- Click on the + sign to open the Folder.
- Put a checkmark next to the OysterVPN Folder when you’ve navigated to it.
- Click the OK button.
- You’ll be taken back to the Exceptions screen, where the OysterVPN Folder will appear on the list.
- You can close the Exception window by clicking the Close button.
- Restart your device to finish the process.
- Once the process is finished, you can make an exception for OysterVPN in AVG antivirus settings.
In case the troubleshooting tips fail, simply take a screenshot and give your concerns to our customer support team via live chat or email to have your problem resolved sooner!