Your IP: 22.214.171.124 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
Make an exception for OysterVPN in McAfee antivirus settings
Making an exception for OysterVPN will help you to avoid any potential conflicts or interruptions between the two applications. To avoid conflicts, you’ll need the McAfee antivirus application along with an active OysterVPN Subscription.
Various antivirus applications may interfere with VPN background operations and cause the connection to be blocked. So, if you want to know how to add an OysterVPN exception to your McAfee antivirus application, follow this below guide.
- Download and install the McAfee app on your device.
- Open the McAfee app and go to Settings, which you can find at the right upper corner.
- You may find Real-Time Scanning under PC Security in the Settings menu.
- Go to the Learn more page and select the Excluded files.
- The Excluded files window will be expanded when you click this tab.
- Select Add file from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll now need to go to the OysterVPN folder.
- This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > OysterVPN is the default installation location.
- Then remove the OysterVPN.exe file.
- Click and open the exe, OysterVPN.Service.exe, and OysterVPNDiagnostics.exe. Start with the OysterVPNDiagnostics.exe file.
- Now you’ll need to make a separate exclusion for each file.
- The Excluded files list will include OysterVPNDiagnostics.exe
- Then click the Add file button once again.
- Now repeat the same steps for exe and OysterVPN.Service.exe
- You can close the Real-Time Scanning window once you see all three files under the Excluded files tab.
- Restart your device to finish the process.
- Once the process is finished, you can make an exception for OysterVPN in McAfee antivirus settings.
In case the troubleshooting tips fail, simply take a screenshot and give your concerns to our customer support team via live chat or email to have your problem resolved sooner!