You may be asked to submit a screenshot of what a certain application or website looks like on your device as part of the troubleshooting process with our customer support team to help you fix the problem. Unfortunately, a screenshot is often worth a thousand words. This is especially true when dealing with undefined technological concerns.
A thorough screenshot will help the customer support team identify your issue and recommend a suitable solution as soon as possible. So, here’s how to take a screenshot on almost any device using OysterVPN:
How to take a screenshot on Windows
Instead of pasting a screenshot into another application, the Snipping Tool can be used to take a screenshot and save it as an image file on any Window version; here‘s how to do it:
- Select the Start button and type in “Snipping tool” to open and use the Snipping Tool.
- Choose it from the list of search results.
- Select the desired screenshot shape from the “Mode” drop-down menu, including full-screen, rectangle, and free-form options.
- When you press New, your screen will go black.
- The screenshot can then be created with the mouse.
- In the Snipping Tool window, the screenshot will show.
- Save the screenshot to an image file by pressing the Save button at the top of the window.
- You can store it on your Desktop for convenient access. You can send a file to our customer service team via live chat by clicking the “Send a file” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- This will open a window to navigate to the folder where the screenshot was stored (i.e., your Desktop).
- This will bring up a window where you can navigate to the folder where the snapshot was saved (i.e., your Desktop) and choose it.
- You may also drag and drop the screenshot file into the chat window from your Desktop.
- So, if you contact us via email, you can attach the screenshot file to the email as an attachment.
How to take a screenshot on your iOS?
You can take a screenshot of different versions of iOS using the following methods:
iPhone X, iPhone Xs, and iPhone XR devices
- On the right edge of your iPhone, press the “Sleep/Wake” button.
- With another finger, press the “Increase Volume” button on the left edge of your iPhone
- Hold down these two buttons simultaneously and listen for a confirmation sound.
- After then, your device’s screen will flash once.
iPhone 5(s), iPhone 6(s), iPhone 7/7 Plus, and iPhone 8/8 Plus devices
- At the bottom of the screen, press the “Home” button.
- Press the Volume Up button with a second finger.
- Hold down both buttons simultaneously until you hear a confirmation sound and the screen briefly flashes.
How do I take a screenshot on any Android device?
Follow the below steps to take a screenshot on any Android device:
- For 1 – 2 seconds, hold down Volume Down + Power simultaneously.
- Your gadget captures the entire screen and saves it as a photo when the screen flashes white.
- In your Gallery or Photos app, look for a Screenshots folder.
How to take a screenshot on macOS?
If you have a macOS device, here is probably the easiest way to take a screenshot. Press Command + Shift + 3 then a screenshot will appear automatically on your Desktop.
How to take a screenshot on Linux?
The commands below have been tested on the Ubuntu operating system. However, they work with other distributions as well. All screenshots will be saved to the Pictures folder by default. To capture your entire screen, press PrtSc. To capture a specific area of your screen, hold down Shift + PrtSc and pick the screen you want to capture.
How to take a screenshot on ChromeOS?
Even though Chromebooks lack PrtSc buttons, you can combine two buttons while taking screenshots. At the same moment, press Ctrl + Switch Window. It will save a screenshot in the Downloads folder. Ctrl + F5 will do the work using a conventional keyboard.
If the troubleshooting tips fail, take a screenshot and give your concerns to our customer support team via live chat or email to resolve your problem sooner!