You can easily set up OysterVPN on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, S, and Xbox 360 through your Windows PC or router for a seamless gaming experience with strong anti-DDoS protection. Xbox doesn’t natively support OysterVPN, but as an alternative, you can also use MediaStreamer for improved and strong streaming. Here’s how you can set up MediaStreamer on your Xbox:
- Go to the OysterVPN official website and register your IP address.
- Now, get the IP address of your MediaStreamer server after registering.
- Restore DNS settings on your Xbox device by configuring DNS servers.
However, it doesn’t provide the security and encryption benefits of OysterVPN.
Besides setting up MediaStreamer as an alternative, you can follow two other methods if you don’t want to use MediaStreamer. But before you start with the process of setting up OysterVPN on Xbox, make sure you have done the following steps:
- Subscribe to OysterVPN.
- The streaming app that you would want to watch is downloaded on your Xbox.
- Have an active subscription to the streaming app.
Once done with the above steps, choose any one of the mentioned below two methods that are convenient for you to set up OysterVPN on your Xbox:
Setup OysterVPN on Xbox through Wi-Fi Router:
- Start by setting up OysterVPN on Xbox.
- After you’ve set up OysterVPN on your router, you’ll need to connect Xbox to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Now turn on Xbox, follow these steps, and press the ‘LIVE’ button on your Xbox controller to access the menu.
- Go to Setting to choose System Settings.
- Pick “Network Settings,” then select and input the password for your Wi-Fi connection.
- Continue for a Test Connection after accepting all of the changes.
- Lastly, log in to your Xbox account, and you’ll be connected to VPN over the Wi-Fi network of your router.
If your router isn’t mentioned on that website, you can use the below-mentioned method to set up OysterVPN on Xbox. Otherwise, please send an email to (insert oysterVPN email) with your router’s model number along with your VPN configuration.
Setup OysterVPN on Xbox through VPN Sharing
You’ll need to set up OysterVPN on your computer (Windows or Mac) and then share your VPN connection with Xbox by following the steps outlined below.
Set up OysterVPN on Windows PC:
- Ensure that the OysterVPN App runs on your Windows PC before proceeding with further steps.
- Use a crossover connection to connect your Xbox to your Windows desktop or laptop.
- Open “Network Connections” on your computer.
- In the Run Command box, type ncpa.cpl to open it.
- Look for a driver with the name “TAP-Windows Adapter V9” written and open its “Properties“.
- Navigate to the “Sharing” tab in the properties window and check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection“.
- Select Xbox from the ‘Home Networking Connection‘ drop-down menu.
- If Xbox isn’t listed, go to the connection name you want to share with the console and click it. and select “OK. “
- Now open the OysterVPN app, click the Menu Button, and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of protocols, choose TCP or UDP.
- Connect to your preferred server location.
- Now, press the ‘LIVE‘ button on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller.
- Go to Settings, then select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Go to “Network Settings“, then “Wired Network”.
- Now accept all options and proceed to the “Test Connection“.
- Log in to your Xbox console, and allow your Xbox to connect to the VPN connection you’ve set up on your Windows PC.
Set up OysterVPN on Mac:
- Ensure that the OysterVPN App is running on your Mac before proceeding with further steps.
- Using a crossover cable, connect the Xbox with your Mac.
- Select ‘Sharing‘ from the ‘System Preferences‘ menu.
- Select ‘Internet Sharing‘ from the Sharing page.
- Choose your internet connection from the ‘Share Your Connection From‘ drop-down option. (Where you get internet connectivity: Ethernet, AirPort, or Wireless)
- Select the ‘Ethernet’ from the ‘To Computers Using‘ drop-down box.
- Now, check the box next to “Internet Sharing.” allowing the sharing possible.
- Then the ‘Internet Sharing‘ icon will turn green, and the status will change to ‘On‘ once the sharing is active.
- Open the OysterVPN App on your Mac and connect to the server location of your choice.
Press the ‘LIVE‘ button on your Xbox controller.