Your IP: 18.104.22.168 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
D-Link Router Tutorial
This tutorial will show you how to use the PPTP Protocol to connect your D-Link Router to OysterVPN. Youll need a D-Link Router and an active OysterVPN subscription to begin the setup process. If you dont currently have a subscription, click here to do so.
- To access your routers Web Configuration Panel, open a web browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address box. It will prompt you for the Username and Password for your router.
- After youve entered that information, click “Login. “
- The routers username should be admin without a password by default or admin with both a username and a password. Otherwise, you can find this information on the back of your router or in its ‘User Manual.
- Select “Internet” from the “Settings” menu.
- Fill in the following details:
- My Internet Connection is: PPTP
- PPTP Server IP Address: Your desired PPTP VPN server location address. In this case, enter the UK server address. Please click here to visit OysterVPN Complete PPTP server list.
- Enter your OysterVPN “Username” and “Password.”
- Reconnect Mode: On-demand
- Scroll down and fill in the following details:
- Address Mode: Dynamic IP
- Primary DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- To connect to VPN, click the “Save” button.
- You will be connected in a few moments.
- The router may reboot on some D-Link models. If this happens, re-login to the router and go to “Status” before clicking the “Connect” button.
- Return to the D-Link management page and select “Disengage” to disconnect from the VPN.
- Go to the Internet and select Settings if you want to use the Internet without a VPN connection.
- Select Dynamic IP (DHCP) next to “My Internet Connection” and Save settings.
- Thats it! Youve completed the installation and configuration of OysterVPN on D-Link Router using PPTP protocol.