Your IP: 188.8.131.52 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
How to set up OysterVPN on GL.iNet router (2.x firmware)
OpenVPN is an open-source VPN protocol that establishes secure site-to-site or point-to-point connections using virtual private network (VPN) protocols. However, OpenVPN Client and Server are pre-installed on GL.iNet routers.
But also keep in mind that you meet the following requirements:
- iNet router running 2. x firmware
- An active OysterVPN account.
- An active OysterVPN subscription.
This is a tutorial on how to set up OysterVPN on GL.iNet router (2. x firmware):
- Start by logging into your GL. iNet router by entering this http://192.168.1.1/ as your IP address.
- Use the default router credentials to log in to the router. You can find your router credentials on the backside of your router if you don’t remember them.
- Go to the OpenVPN tab once you’ve logged in.
- Import the OpenVPN configuration file. Click here to download.
- A green remark stating that the configuration file has been imported will show the successful upload.
- It will now request you to insert your OysterVPN credentials.
- A VPN settings screen will appear when you have input your credentials.
- Enable and Force VPN should both be checked.
- Select one of the configuration files from the drop-down option by clicking the green arrow.
- Apply the adjustments at the end.
- You’ll notice the OpenVPN status as connected, as well as sent/received data after the VPN connection is established.
- You’ve completed the installation and configuration of OysterVPN on your GL. iNet router (2. x firmware)! As long as you are connected, your location is confidential, and your sensitive data is safe.