Your IP: 18.104.22.168 • ISP: Amazon.com, Inc. • Your Status: Unprotected
How to set up OysterVPN on GL.iNet router (3.x firmware)
OpenVPN is an open-source VPN protocol that establishes secure site-to-site or point-to-point connections using virtual private network (VPN) protocols. However, OpenVPN Client and Server are pre-installed on GL.iNet routers.
This is a tutorial on how to set up OysterVPN on GL.iNet router (3. x firmware):
- Start by logging into your GL. iNet router by entering this http://192.168.1.1/ as your IP address. Take a look at the backside of your router to find your router’s default gateway, but the gateway IP should be different for your particular router.
- Go to the VPN tab and select OpenVPN Client.
- Now click on Add a New OpenVPN Configuration after you’ve logged in to the router.
- Import the OysterVPN’s list of servers in the new window.
- A new window will open to confirm that the file was successfully uploaded.
- After that, you’ll be prompted to input your OysterVPN credentials, which you can find in the section titled “Find your login details.” Fill in the following details as given below:
- Description: choose a username for your profile
- Username: fill in the username you previously collected
- Password: fill in the username you previously collected
- Click Submit
- In the OpenVPN section, a new VPN profile will be generated.
- If you have more than one VPN profile, select the one you just established from the drop-down menu by clicking the arrow then pressing the Connect button.
- You’ve completed the installation and configuration of OysterVPN on your GL. iNet router (3. x firmware)! As long as you are connected, your location is confidential, and your sensitive data is safe.